Munich Academy, Professor of Sculpture
after a draft of the Nürnberger architect Adolph Gnauth, gest. 1884, - Completion 1886 by Hugo light - Well inauguration 1886 - Plastics of Professor Ungerer sense-figurative Allegorie on the meaning of the water sculpted by Jocob Ungerer, -sculptor, (1840-1920), detail, Mende Brunnen Denkmal, Leipzig, Saxony, Germany, - Munich Academy, Professor of Sculpture
Mende well finances Thieriot from the donation means of the buyer widow Marianne Pauline Mende, geb. - after a draft of the Nürnberger architect Adolph Gnauth, gest. 1884 - Completion 1886 by Hugo light - Well inauguration 1886 - Plastics of Professor Ungerer sense-figurative Allegorie on the meaning of the water
Mendebrunnen - The largest and at the same time splendour-fullest well plant of the Leipziger of city is the Mendebrunnen. It is on the Augustusplatz before (new) the garb house and is that keeps remained part of the old place ensemble only. This oldest component of the Augustusplatzes was inaugurated in the year 1886. The architect Adolph Gnauth and the sculptor Jacob Ungerer built partially water speienden figures in the baroque style for the Mendebrunnen with its. It was designated after Marianne Pauline Mende, which financed the building of wells
The oldest received well plant of the fair city: The Mendebrunnen
Namensgeberin of the well is Marianne Pauline Mende († 1881), widow of the buyer Ferdinand William Mende, which donated by will 150,000 Goldmark „for the building the city of adorning well of monumental architecture at a free space in the proximity of the internal promenade, perhaps between the museum and the new theatre “. To its motives Egon Erwin Kisch, Mende mutmasste owner of a brothel was and wants with the generous legacy their frevelhaftes terrestrial doing to sühnen. The legend turned out later than (possibly intended) mistake. The construction costses for the plant amounted to nearly 189,000 Goldmark. They could be not completely covered by the donation capital increased around interest. The deficit of approximately 7,000 Goldmark could be applied however from the deduction of the Leipziger of buyer Franz Dominic Grassi. Starting from 1883 the well in the style of the Neobarock under the direction of upper's building advice became Adolf Gnauth from Nuremberg, after whose death of the advice of building of cities Hugo establishes light. The figure ensemble created the Munich sculptors Jacob Ungerer.
Allegorie on the water: The Mendebrunnen in the detail
The Mendebrunnen is to be understood as a Allegorie on the meaning of the water for humans. The maritime representations embody shapes of the Greek mythology: Equivalent twice triton, the son of the Poseidon, is represented with human torso and doppelschwänzigem fish body. The triton figures zügeln itself Hippokampen strong rearing up, fabulous creature half horse, half fish, which can be interpreted as control of the Meeresgewalten by humans. The Nereiden on the consoles nearly 18 m of the high Obelisken symbolizes the use, which humans draw from handling the sea. Gnauth and Ungerer followed both in the basic concept of the well and in the selection and organization of plastics famous models of the Italian baroque. The purchases are unmistakable to the Roman wells on the Piazza Navona, the Fontana del Moro and the four-current well sketched by Bernini. The motive of the figure ensemble could be inspired by Niccoló Salvis Fontana di Trevi in Rome.
The inauguration of the Mendebrunnens took place on 2 September 1886. 1970 the plant because of the building of the garb house was dismantled and only in June 1982 its original location in enterprise taken. During the building of the underground parking under the Augustusplatz (1996-98) the well a further mark was dismantled.
Academy of the forming arts Munich
The academy of the forming arts Munich is one of the oldest and most important academies of arts of Germany.
history - The prehistory of the academy goes far into 18. Century back, still the 1770 ago by cure prince Maximilian IIITH Joseph created so-called „design school “, which already carried the designation „for academy “in the name („design school respective painters and sculptor academie “). This is to be considered with the apparently late establishment 1808 by king Maximilian I. of Bavaria as „a royal academy of the forming arts “. Their first director was Johann Peter of long one, before times directors/conductors of the Düsseldorfer academy of arts. Followed it 1824 with Peter von Cornelius. 1886 referred it the representative new building (pompöse three-wing plant in palace-like building of periods of promoterism) of Gottfried of Neureuther (construction period of 1876-1885) in the Akademiestrasse/Leopoldstrasse with the victory gate, in which she has also today still her seat.
Center 19. Century had the residents of Munich academy a call leading world-wide. The painters Franz of Defregger and Franz of stucco here e.g. taught as well as the sculptors Adolf von Hildebrand and Ludwig Schwanthaler. Student at this time was Franz of Lenbach. A bloom time experienced the academy under William of Kaulbach († 1874) and his successor Karl Theodor of Piloty († 1886).
After the First World War the academy lost rapidly its meaning. After striking down a repressive climate prevailed to the soviet republic in Bavaria in Munich. For the National Socialist cultural policy the academy was after 1933 an important operating place. National Socialist artists like „painter “Adolf Ziegler and sculptor Josef Thorak were appointed to the academy.
In the Second World War that was destroyed to a large extent academy building, whereby extensive collections were lost from works of art, gypsum castings and costumes as well as archives. The paged out art library remained large and is today with approximately 90,000 volumes one to the best its kind, however only to the internal use.
Akademie der bildenden Künste München, 19TH. Jahrhundert
Emil Böhm (1891-1901)
/// Albrecht Christoph Wilhelm von Diez (* 17. Januar 1839 in Bayreuth; † 25. Februar 1907 in München) war ein deutscher Maler und Illustrator der Münchner Schule.
/// Anton Dominik Fernkorn ( 1813 - 1878 ) pupil of Schwanthaler in Munich Academy -*moved to teach in the Vienna Academy, and to produce sculpture in Austria
Hans Gasser ( 1817 - 1868 ) pupil of Schwanthaler at the Munich Academy -*moved to teach in the Vienna Academy, and produce sculpture in Austria ///
Walter Georgi (1871-1924) ///
Herman Hahn ( 1868 - 1942, München, Bildhauer ///
Hermann Helmer ( 1849 - 1919 ) ///
Ludwig von Herterich (1898) ///
Adolf von Hildebrand (1847-1921) (October 6, 1847 Marburg, Switzerland - January 18, 1921 Munich) was a sculptor, the son of Marburg economics professor Bruno Hildebrand., He was the author of Das Problem der Form in der Bildenden Kunst ("The Problem of Form in Painting and Sculpture")., Hildebrand studied 1862-1866 in Nuremberg and 1866-67 in the studio of Caspar of Zumbusch in Munich ///
Paul Hoecker (1874-1897) ///
Adolf Höfer (1869-1927) ///
Jakob Hofmann (* 17. Dezember 1876 in Aschaffenburg; † 26. Juni 1955 in Braunschweig) war ein deutscher Bildhauer und Zeichner. ///
Angelo Jank (1868-1940) ///
Joseph Knabl (1819-1881) was an Austrian sculptor, born at Fliess, Tirol. The son of a poor peasant, he tended cattle when a boy, was first instructed by the wood carver Franz Renn at Imst, and afterward in Munich by Entres and Anselm Sickinger ///
Carl August liner (1880-1893) ///
Ludwig von Löfftz (1845-1910) ///
Rudolf Maison ( 1854 - 1904 ) ///
Alois Mayer (* 3. März 1855 in Füssen; † 7. Oktober 1936 in München), Bildhauer, Seit etwa 1885 war er Gehilfe im Atelier des Professors Wilhelm von Rümann ///
Hubert Netzer ( 5. Oktober 1865 in Isny im Allgäu; † 15. Oktober 1939 in München ) Netzer taught at the academy of arts Duesseldorf., He was a pupil Adolf von Hildebrand (October 6, 1847 Marburg, Switzerland - January 18, 1921 Munich) ///
Carl Theodor of Piloty ///
Leo finery (1885-1905) ///
Richard Riemerschmid (1888-1890) ///
William of Rümann (* 11 November 1850 in Hanover; † 6 February 1906 in Ajaccio (Korsika)) was a German sculptor., Starting from 1887 Rümann was a professor at the academy of the forming arts in Munich., pupil of Michael Wagmüller ///
Martin Scheible (* 10. März 1873 in Neu-Ulm; † 9. Juni 1954 in Ulm), auch Johann Martin Scheible (seltener), war deutscher Bildhauer und Holzschnitzer. ///
Karl Schmoll of Eisenwerth (1898-1901) ///
Franz William Voigt (1893-1896) ///
Michael WAGMÜLLER ( April 14 1839 Regensburg - Dec 26 1881 Munich ) ///
Max von Widnmann, eigentl. Maximilian Ritter von Widnmann (* 16. Oktober 1812 in Eichstätt; † 6. März 1895 in München) war ein deutscher Bildhauer, pupil of the sculptor Ludwig Michael of Schwanthaler, between 1836 and 1839 in Rome, where he with that at that time already admitted Kopenhagener sculptors Bertel Thorwaldsen was friendly. ///
Caspar von Zumbusch (1830-1915) , pupil of the sculptor Ludwig Michael of Schwanthaler ///
Ferdinand von Miller,-1813 in Fürstenfeldbruck; † 11th February "1887" href="http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/1887">In 1887 in Munich) sculptor, Bayerisches Armeedenkmal an der Feldherren, Munchen,Bavaria,Germany; ///
Ludwig Michael Schwanthaler ( 1802 - 1848 ) ///
Jocob Ungerer (1840-1920) - Mendebrunnen, Leipzig ///
George Wrba (* 3 January 1872 in Munich; † 9 January 1939 in Dresden) was a German sculptor and commercial artist, ///
Nikolaus Geiger (1849-97) born at Lauingen, Bavaria. He was a pupil of Joseph Knabl at the Munich Academy ///
Caspar Zumbusch (1830-1915) -
Kaspar Clemens von Zumbusch (* 23rd November In 1830 in Herzebrock; † 27th September In 1915 in Rimsting) was German Sculptor. He counts as the most important Monumentalplastiker of her Early days in Austria. Zumbusch followed at the age of 18 years Munich, around in that Academy of arts to study. When he did not pass the entrance examination, he changed to the polytechnic school and learned there with Johann von Halbig the modeling After a study trip after Rome, if he created In 1866-1872 the bronze monument of king Maximilian II of Bavaria in the inhabitant of Munich Maximilianstrasse. From In 1873 if he was active in Vienna. His main works are this Beethovenmonument (In 1873-In 1880) and the monument for Maria Theresia between him To physical-historical and to him Art-historical museum in Vienna (In 1888). With this monument the empress's queen sits enthroned above base figures of her advisers and rider's statues of her generals. Likewise in Vienna his equestrian statues stand for the generals Count Radetzky (In 1891) and Archduke Albrecht (In 1898-In 1899). This is the most significant work in his Westphalian native country Emperor Wilhel I. statue for this Westphalian provincial monument in the Porta Westfalica. The statue became in coppertreibarbeit made. All works are from clearly idealizing representation marked. From In 1873 up to his Emeritierung In 1901 if Zumbusch professor was in that Academy of the pedagogic arts Vienna. In 1908 if he stretched in him Chiemgau back where he died on the 27th September, 1915 at the age of 84 years. His son Ludwig von Zumbusch as well as his brother Julius von Zumbusch if are likewise known sculptors. Works (choice) [Work on]
"Denkmal für Otto von Freising" href="http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denkmal_f%C3%BCr_Otto_von_Freising">Monument for Otto von Freising (1858)
"Ludwig van Beethoven" href="http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ludwig_van_Beethoven">Beethovenmonument on the Beethoven's place in Vienna (1880)
Giant statue of the emperor "Franz Joseph I. (Österreich-Ungarn)" "http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franz_Joseph_I._%28%C3%96sterreich-Ungarn%29">Franz Joseph on the festival narrow staircase of the university in Vienna (1883)
Kaiser-Wilhelm-Denkmal an der Porta Westfalica ///
Victor Tigner (1844 Bratislava,Slowaki Republic -1896 Wien) - Studied at the Viennese academy and was pupil of H. Gasser; in its early works affected by French models, bereiste 1874 with H. Makart Italy, became the general agent of the new baroque within the plastics of the Viennese struggle race. Famous haven guessingist. Building plastics for the yard museums, the castle theatre, the new yard castle and the Hermesvilla as well as several well plants (erasing he wells in the people garden, 1875-77), monuments (who DL monument in Steyr, 1894) and Grabmonumente created. As its Hauptwerk to the place before the Albertina created Mozart monument (1896) in the Viennese castle garden is originally considered. ///
Edmund of Hellmer (1850-1935) ///
Heinrich Victor Seifert (1870-1953) ///
Rudolf Weyr (1847-1914) - Studied with Franz Bauer at the Academy in Vienna between 1864 and 1872. Enrolled at the Vienna Polytechnic to study architecture and worked concurrently in the studio of the sculptor Josef Cesar, who introduced Weyr to Semper and Hasenauer. Executed the large-scale figures in the spandrels above the arches of the central bays of the façades of the Kunsthistorisches Museum. Awarded various medals; together with Tilgner, Weyr was the most important representative of Neo-Baroque sculpture in Austria. Rudolf Weyr was beside Viktor Tilgner a determining representative of the sculpture of the Makartzeit. The artist received numerous honours. 1919 were designated a lane in our district after it. ////
Hanns (Hans) Gasser (1817-1868) ///
Anton Dominik Ritter von Fernkorn (1813-1878) ///
Johann Nepomuk Schaller (1777 Wein – 1842 Wein) ///
Heinrich Victor Seifert (1870 Wien - 1953) ///
Franz Anton von Zauner - (1746 Tirol - 1822 Wien) ///